Monday 15 July 2013

Let go. Welcome in.

Space. As in the space around you, a place, a home.....SPACE. What is it about a space then? Over the past couple of weeks I have been paying close attention to the 'spaces' and places I am in, and although I've known for a long time how much of an impact the energies within a space can have, it's only been the last couple of weeks I've been trying to really shift some of these energies. I know that to some this may sound pretty kooky and ridiculous - I would have been pretty sceptical once upon a time too! - but the very intent of shifting these energies and then the process of doing this has re-confirmed just how connected we all are with these spaces. Maybe next time you walk into a room - whether it be your bedroom, living room, kitchen - you can see if you can feel the energy in the room...what does it say about that space? A space can feel positive or negative - it could feel lonely, sad , angry, stagnant, stuck, lively, energetic, positive, meditative, light, happy, joyful, clear. I believe that the energies in a place reflect not only the people who share the space but the encounters that may have happened there, conversations, celebrations, emotions experienced. Being aware of these energies creates some pretty powerful ways of checking in with your own soul, too. Is there something that needs letting go? Maybe some thing new needs to be welcomed in

"Every place has a soul, an identity. Trying to discover that soul and relate to it means also learning to recognise our own soul" - L'anima dei luoghi, James Hillman.

It is so easy to not allow time for these moments of nurturing and cleansing. It is so easy to be swept up in the routine motions of each day and all the things that should be done right now. Recently I have been feeling so tired (you know, that emotional-mental-physical tired?) and so it came to mind this morning that what I was needing was to ALLOW myself some time. I actually had no plan or idea of what this would look like for the day, but what eventuated was perfectly in tune with what my soul was needing...a little ceremony of intention.


My intention was to create a space to actively let go of any old thoughts and stories that might be getting in my way (and also those that might be affecting the spaces around me) and to welcome in new stories of affirmation and intention. Some of the things I included were essential oils, candles, incense (sage) and a few other objects that having meaning to me - I'm sure you can really use anything that is meaningful to you. (I'm particularly grateful that I was able to share this with a beautiful soul-friend of mine!). Together we wrote down anything that came to mind that we might need to let go of, acknowledged it and then released it - ripping it up - into a box. Next we transformed that story into an affirmation and welcomed in new intentions. I wasn't actually planning on writing about this, but for some reason it just felt like I should (following in the nature of 'listening in'!). 


SO!  Will you allow time to nurture?
What could you let go of?
And...what will you choose to welcome in?
How do you choose to do these things? Feel free to share! :)

*** Love, Peace, Joy & Gratitude ***
xxx

1 comment:

Jo said...

Hello there Mem,
I really love your writings and your paintings. You are very talented.

I am a writer & am doing a correspondence course in Qld, which I enjoy very much.

Best wishes,

Joanne Elliott